Skip to main content

13 February 2018 - A Tramp Stamp for Fido

Tattoo Your Dog for Certain Identification

"Tattooing your dog provides permanent, unalterable identification. This is extremely useful if your dog has merely strayed. Humane societies and dog wardens look for tattoo identification."

Tattoo-a-Pet was founded in 1972.

They are still around stating that a tattoo is better than a microchip on your pet.

So here is the scoop.

From my Google research, in some states, laboratories are not permitted to use animals that have been tattooed for identification. Essentially, let's say your pet is lost and has no identification. There is nothing stopping that pet from getting picked up for use in lab testing.

Mirco-chips....well I don't know. Thank might be something you need to look at.

I do know that my microchip for my dog has to be renewed. So not paying and renewing that registration might not protect my pet or get them back to me if they get lost and picked up.

If you choose to tattoo your pet, you do have to register that pet and tattoo with a service such as Tattoo-a-Pet.


Now I have no clue where you can get a tattoo for a pet done.

This is beyond my level of care.

I can tell you that these tattoos are not some fancy design but a combination of letters and numbers. You then register that combination with a service so that your tattooed pet can come back to you.

Listen people.

I get it. You have a pet and suddenly you're expected to take care of it. You gotta feed it, shelter it, and exercise it. I get it.

I love my dogs as much as a cat person can love a dog.

I am not tattooing my dogs. Nor am I getting them crazy I.D. tags. They have been in this family long enough to know where the food and warm beds are. They are not going anywhere.

If your pet tends to run off, get an electric fence.

Can we stop injecting things in our pets?

Also, can we stop testing products on animals in labs?!
I thought we were over this hurdle but evidently there are still some evil people in this world.

Stop animal testing.

Stop putting things on and in your pets.

Just let them hang out and be dumb and lazy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 February 2018 - The Mustard Mix

This History of Mustard "The delights of mustard as a food accompaniment apparently had been known only a few years before the appearance of the advertisement described in today's historical note." TODAY IN HISTORY On February 15 1768, one Benjamin Jackson advertised in a Philadelphia newspaper that he was "the only mustard manufacturer on the continent. I brought to art with me into the country."  Mr. Jackson came to America from London, England. He sold his product labeled in glass bottles. Benjamin Jackson, from the book Chocolate: History, Culture, and Heritage, was a chocolate and mustard maker. He introduced mustard into his chocolate shop where he also sold other spices and flours. Now the mustard he sold was not like the mustard we have today. He sold bottles labeled "Flour of Mustard" which means that you had to follow the directions on the bottle to mix the powder with hot water to create your condiment. Mustard...

19 March 2018 - Why Woodn't You

Try Putting Up Wallboard? Why Not? "In the spring one tends to think about the sprucing up the home." In the 70's wood paneling was all the rage. Wallboard or as it commonly called today - Decorative Paneling. There are some seriously cute panelings out there today. Typically, when you think of wall paneling, you think of wooden paneling. I have some in my living room and it is very dated. It's so dark that is great for movie nights but mostly it just feels like a room that is sucking the light from your house. I found an article from Houzz that has some modern looks for us in the year 2018. So if you decide to go the way of decorative paneling, please steer clear of the basic stuff, and go for a nice chic modern look!

1 January 2018 - Happy New Year!!

A couple years ago I started collecting interesting antique books. I love seeing a peek into the time period the book was written. Until the end of 2017 I was a stay at home mom. We moved across the country and a new chapter began for our family. This morning for the beginning of the new year I pick up my "Illustrated Almanac for Homemakers" book.  This book was written in 1974.  Just check out those bellbottoms.  Originally sold for $9.95. I bought at Half Price Books for $7.00 I thought this book would be fun to flip through. Just see what homemakers were doing in the 1970's verses what I was doing or not doing. So for 2018 I thought it would be fun to see what I can accomplish this 365 days from this almanac even though I am no longer a full time homemaker.  Lets begin in January!  Each month has a super cute illustration featuring our homemaker heroine!  It's the first day of the first year so let's peek at today's tas...