Skip to main content

20 February 2018 - How to Get Away with Stain Removal

Removing Lipstick from Napkins

 "Women who really ought to know better invariably wipe their lips and their lipstick on the monogramming of your best napkins."


Lipstick is a basic combination of wax, a pigment, and other ingredients.

Now

You rub that shit all over my monogrammed napkins and you will think that you attended the dinner party of the devil himself.

I'm just joking.

I don't own monogrammed napkins. I have disposable napkins from IKEA. You can rub your tinted lip wax all over that. I don't give AF.

...

Let's just say for our almanac theme today that this happened.

All you need is some household ammonia. Dip your lip soiled napkins in some ammonia to cut the grease and the stain should come out with regular washing.

...

Here are some fun facts about lipstick.

In the year 2010, the FDA took about 400 lipsticks available on the US market and tested them. The test found 1.11 ppm (parts per million) traces of lead.

Now lead isn't an ingredient found on the lipstick but it sure was found in the tests.

The lipstick with the highest amounts of lead was Maybelline's Color Sensational 125 - Pink Petal. This had about 7.19 ppm of lead.

Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's Lead Poisoning!

Also!

Cosmetics are a great way of leaving behind evidence at a crime scene. 

So remember not to have a smoke or drink a glass of wine and just leave it at the scene of a crime. It is possible to get saliva from lipstick and get a DNA sample.

So there you go! Lipstick is killer on monogrammed napkins, but you don't have to be pegged as a killer if you use these tips to clean the crime scene.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 February 2018 - The Mustard Mix

This History of Mustard "The delights of mustard as a food accompaniment apparently had been known only a few years before the appearance of the advertisement described in today's historical note." TODAY IN HISTORY On February 15 1768, one Benjamin Jackson advertised in a Philadelphia newspaper that he was "the only mustard manufacturer on the continent. I brought to art with me into the country."  Mr. Jackson came to America from London, England. He sold his product labeled in glass bottles. Benjamin Jackson, from the book Chocolate: History, Culture, and Heritage, was a chocolate and mustard maker. He introduced mustard into his chocolate shop where he also sold other spices and flours. Now the mustard he sold was not like the mustard we have today. He sold bottles labeled "Flour of Mustard" which means that you had to follow the directions on the bottle to mix the powder with hot water to create your condiment. Mustard...

19 March 2018 - Why Woodn't You

Try Putting Up Wallboard? Why Not? "In the spring one tends to think about the sprucing up the home." In the 70's wood paneling was all the rage. Wallboard or as it commonly called today - Decorative Paneling. There are some seriously cute panelings out there today. Typically, when you think of wall paneling, you think of wooden paneling. I have some in my living room and it is very dated. It's so dark that is great for movie nights but mostly it just feels like a room that is sucking the light from your house. I found an article from Houzz that has some modern looks for us in the year 2018. So if you decide to go the way of decorative paneling, please steer clear of the basic stuff, and go for a nice chic modern look!

1 January 2018 - Happy New Year!!

A couple years ago I started collecting interesting antique books. I love seeing a peek into the time period the book was written. Until the end of 2017 I was a stay at home mom. We moved across the country and a new chapter began for our family. This morning for the beginning of the new year I pick up my "Illustrated Almanac for Homemakers" book.  This book was written in 1974.  Just check out those bellbottoms.  Originally sold for $9.95. I bought at Half Price Books for $7.00 I thought this book would be fun to flip through. Just see what homemakers were doing in the 1970's verses what I was doing or not doing. So for 2018 I thought it would be fun to see what I can accomplish this 365 days from this almanac even though I am no longer a full time homemaker.  Lets begin in January!  Each month has a super cute illustration featuring our homemaker heroine!  It's the first day of the first year so let's peek at today's tas...