Skip to main content

16 May 2018 - Revive, Thrive, and Leave Me Alone

It's Time to Revive a Poinsettia

"Danger of frost is now past in most of the cooler parts of the country. If it is where you live, it's time to get out a poinsettia if you have one in storage."


We had briefly talked about poinsettias before in February when you were instructed to store your flower away from the freezing temperatures.

Now that the threat of freezing weather has mostly passed, you can take your plant and move it to your garden.

Poinsettias need to be in temperatures above 65 degrees fahrenheit.
These guys also like to be watered daily.
This is why they are indigenous to Mexico.
They love humid, warm temperatures. So if you don't want yours to end up in compost, you need to take care of them.

These flowers are like the extroverts of the garden.
They like attention.
They want your attention.
They are so red to stand out for that attention.

This is why me and gardening do not mix.
I'm an introvert.
I need an introvert plant.


That plant gets me.
Put me in a corner and leave me tf alone.

I like my pajamas, my shows, and my margaritas.

I guess if you were going to water me daily it would be with a glass something alcoholic.


Me too Succulent 

me too

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 February 2018 - The Mustard Mix

This History of Mustard "The delights of mustard as a food accompaniment apparently had been known only a few years before the appearance of the advertisement described in today's historical note." TODAY IN HISTORY On February 15 1768, one Benjamin Jackson advertised in a Philadelphia newspaper that he was "the only mustard manufacturer on the continent. I brought to art with me into the country."  Mr. Jackson came to America from London, England. He sold his product labeled in glass bottles. Benjamin Jackson, from the book Chocolate: History, Culture, and Heritage, was a chocolate and mustard maker. He introduced mustard into his chocolate shop where he also sold other spices and flours. Now the mustard he sold was not like the mustard we have today. He sold bottles labeled "Flour of Mustard" which means that you had to follow the directions on the bottle to mix the powder with hot water to create your condiment. Mustard...

19 March 2018 - Why Woodn't You

Try Putting Up Wallboard? Why Not? "In the spring one tends to think about the sprucing up the home." In the 70's wood paneling was all the rage. Wallboard or as it commonly called today - Decorative Paneling. There are some seriously cute panelings out there today. Typically, when you think of wall paneling, you think of wooden paneling. I have some in my living room and it is very dated. It's so dark that is great for movie nights but mostly it just feels like a room that is sucking the light from your house. I found an article from Houzz that has some modern looks for us in the year 2018. So if you decide to go the way of decorative paneling, please steer clear of the basic stuff, and go for a nice chic modern look!

1 January 2018 - Happy New Year!!

A couple years ago I started collecting interesting antique books. I love seeing a peek into the time period the book was written. Until the end of 2017 I was a stay at home mom. We moved across the country and a new chapter began for our family. This morning for the beginning of the new year I pick up my "Illustrated Almanac for Homemakers" book.  This book was written in 1974.  Just check out those bellbottoms.  Originally sold for $9.95. I bought at Half Price Books for $7.00 I thought this book would be fun to flip through. Just see what homemakers were doing in the 1970's verses what I was doing or not doing. So for 2018 I thought it would be fun to see what I can accomplish this 365 days from this almanac even though I am no longer a full time homemaker.  Lets begin in January!  Each month has a super cute illustration featuring our homemaker heroine!  It's the first day of the first year so let's peek at today's tas...