Skip to main content

29 June 2018 - Pearly Whites

Dental Checkups - A Must for Young Children

 "As soon as your child has cut his milk (baby) teeth, about the age of two years, it's time to plan semiannual visits to the dentist."


I guess this opinion varies.
I was told by a pediatrician that once the teeth come in, it's time for a dental appointment.

I was told by another pediatrician that unless there were dental issues, you can wait for the first dental check up.

I was told by our dentist recently that it is a good idea for my 3 year old to come to dental check ups to get used to them and see what a dentist appointment looks like.

The key here is to start developing a positive attitude about seeing a dentist.

This is super important because my dental appointments as a child were not positive.
They were incredibly unpleasant.
So unpleasant that I kept my kids from going to the dentist until they were older.

I wanted them to be prepared.
Thankfully they have really good teeth so we could wait.

Our dental office is wonderful!
They are really good at what they do.
Nice, friendly, and they give the kids a prize at the end of their appointment.

Dentists have gotten a bad reputation.
Between television, movies, and stereotypes, we just have not put these guys in a good light.


Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors was my favorite tho.

But if your dentist should ever act like this guy...

Call tha police

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 February 2018 - The Mustard Mix

This History of Mustard "The delights of mustard as a food accompaniment apparently had been known only a few years before the appearance of the advertisement described in today's historical note." TODAY IN HISTORY On February 15 1768, one Benjamin Jackson advertised in a Philadelphia newspaper that he was "the only mustard manufacturer on the continent. I brought to art with me into the country."  Mr. Jackson came to America from London, England. He sold his product labeled in glass bottles. Benjamin Jackson, from the book Chocolate: History, Culture, and Heritage, was a chocolate and mustard maker. He introduced mustard into his chocolate shop where he also sold other spices and flours. Now the mustard he sold was not like the mustard we have today. He sold bottles labeled "Flour of Mustard" which means that you had to follow the directions on the bottle to mix the powder with hot water to create your condiment. Mustard...

19 March 2018 - Why Woodn't You

Try Putting Up Wallboard? Why Not? "In the spring one tends to think about the sprucing up the home." In the 70's wood paneling was all the rage. Wallboard or as it commonly called today - Decorative Paneling. There are some seriously cute panelings out there today. Typically, when you think of wall paneling, you think of wooden paneling. I have some in my living room and it is very dated. It's so dark that is great for movie nights but mostly it just feels like a room that is sucking the light from your house. I found an article from Houzz that has some modern looks for us in the year 2018. So if you decide to go the way of decorative paneling, please steer clear of the basic stuff, and go for a nice chic modern look!

1 January 2018 - Happy New Year!!

A couple years ago I started collecting interesting antique books. I love seeing a peek into the time period the book was written. Until the end of 2017 I was a stay at home mom. We moved across the country and a new chapter began for our family. This morning for the beginning of the new year I pick up my "Illustrated Almanac for Homemakers" book.  This book was written in 1974.  Just check out those bellbottoms.  Originally sold for $9.95. I bought at Half Price Books for $7.00 I thought this book would be fun to flip through. Just see what homemakers were doing in the 1970's verses what I was doing or not doing. So for 2018 I thought it would be fun to see what I can accomplish this 365 days from this almanac even though I am no longer a full time homemaker.  Lets begin in January!  Each month has a super cute illustration featuring our homemaker heroine!  It's the first day of the first year so let's peek at today's tas...