Skip to main content

7 June 2018 - In Case of Fire....Cook

Broil Fish Outside over a Charcoal Fire

"It's time once again for cooking some of your meals outdoors over a charcoal fire. Fish is a natural for this form of cookery because it cooks so quickly."


I love this picture of our Grill Master here.
Men and grills are like the best visions of summer time.
If you don't see a guy baking a cake, he is probably outside at the grill.
Definitely with a cooler of beer nearby.

Now in the picture you can see Grill Master has the fish in a contraption over the grill.
These are commonly known as a "Grill Basket". 

A grill basket helps hold your items in place so that they don't fall into the grill, landing on your charcoal. They can be used for fish, shrimp, vegetables, or other side dishes.
You can buy large baskets that can cook many items at once, flipping them all over in one move that helps evenly cook your food.

You can also cook fish on grilling planks.
You can read all about how to use these in this article from The Art of Manliness.
 I would actually suggest you read some of their other topics as well!
I only scanned their website but they touch on topics like being a father, relationships, emotional success, and style.

Being a successful man isn't about your ability to use a grill basket or grilling planks!
If you failed at grilling a meal that was intended for your family and/or friends, that is a manly feat in itself. There isn't any further pride or expression of love a man or woman can have than to serve others.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 February 2018 - The Mustard Mix

This History of Mustard "The delights of mustard as a food accompaniment apparently had been known only a few years before the appearance of the advertisement described in today's historical note." TODAY IN HISTORY On February 15 1768, one Benjamin Jackson advertised in a Philadelphia newspaper that he was "the only mustard manufacturer on the continent. I brought to art with me into the country."  Mr. Jackson came to America from London, England. He sold his product labeled in glass bottles. Benjamin Jackson, from the book Chocolate: History, Culture, and Heritage, was a chocolate and mustard maker. He introduced mustard into his chocolate shop where he also sold other spices and flours. Now the mustard he sold was not like the mustard we have today. He sold bottles labeled "Flour of Mustard" which means that you had to follow the directions on the bottle to mix the powder with hot water to create your condiment. Mustard...

19 March 2018 - Why Woodn't You

Try Putting Up Wallboard? Why Not? "In the spring one tends to think about the sprucing up the home." In the 70's wood paneling was all the rage. Wallboard or as it commonly called today - Decorative Paneling. There are some seriously cute panelings out there today. Typically, when you think of wall paneling, you think of wooden paneling. I have some in my living room and it is very dated. It's so dark that is great for movie nights but mostly it just feels like a room that is sucking the light from your house. I found an article from Houzz that has some modern looks for us in the year 2018. So if you decide to go the way of decorative paneling, please steer clear of the basic stuff, and go for a nice chic modern look!

1 January 2018 - Happy New Year!!

A couple years ago I started collecting interesting antique books. I love seeing a peek into the time period the book was written. Until the end of 2017 I was a stay at home mom. We moved across the country and a new chapter began for our family. This morning for the beginning of the new year I pick up my "Illustrated Almanac for Homemakers" book.  This book was written in 1974.  Just check out those bellbottoms.  Originally sold for $9.95. I bought at Half Price Books for $7.00 I thought this book would be fun to flip through. Just see what homemakers were doing in the 1970's verses what I was doing or not doing. So for 2018 I thought it would be fun to see what I can accomplish this 365 days from this almanac even though I am no longer a full time homemaker.  Lets begin in January!  Each month has a super cute illustration featuring our homemaker heroine!  It's the first day of the first year so let's peek at today's tas...