Skip to main content

7 January 2018 - Think It. Plan It. Do It!


Today's Almanac Entry
A Calendar - for a More Efficient You

Gurl

Don't

Get

Me

Started

If you are a close friend of mine, you already know I am super planner obsessed.
Like, I'm not joking here.

I own an Erin Condren Life Planner.
I monthly plan
Weekly plan
Daily plan

My grandma does the calendar system. I think this was a definite trend back in the day. A very wise trend that has since evolved today into big business for the planning community.

There are bullet journals, travelers notebooks, schedulers, academic planners, teacher planners, wedding planners. There are even planning systems.

There are even planning "styles"

It's a rabbit hole.

I do sticker planning. I love my stickers. I have icon stickers, appointment stickers, bill due stickers, decorative stickers, todo lists, meal planning etc. There is a sticker for everything!

It's not perfect and sometimes I still forget things like taking something out of the freezer for dinner. This usually results in eye rolling from my husband who then asks if I had it in my planner.

cough, jerk, cough cough

The good thing about setting up a planner system is feeling peace! 

There is something that connects your thoughts when you take pen to paper. It creates good habits. It releases stress from questioning yourself. You can unload some mental information to a planner page. Getting your to-do's in a list and checking them off is the best thing!

Go to Google or YouTube and check out some planner people!
There is a wonderful community of planners here to help you find some planner peace.

*Referral Link Below! 
If you want to check out Erin Condren Life Planners, click here for my referral code to get $10 off your first order! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 February 2018 - The Mustard Mix

This History of Mustard "The delights of mustard as a food accompaniment apparently had been known only a few years before the appearance of the advertisement described in today's historical note." TODAY IN HISTORY On February 15 1768, one Benjamin Jackson advertised in a Philadelphia newspaper that he was "the only mustard manufacturer on the continent. I brought to art with me into the country."  Mr. Jackson came to America from London, England. He sold his product labeled in glass bottles. Benjamin Jackson, from the book Chocolate: History, Culture, and Heritage, was a chocolate and mustard maker. He introduced mustard into his chocolate shop where he also sold other spices and flours. Now the mustard he sold was not like the mustard we have today. He sold bottles labeled "Flour of Mustard" which means that you had to follow the directions on the bottle to mix the powder with hot water to create your condiment. Mustard...

19 March 2018 - Why Woodn't You

Try Putting Up Wallboard? Why Not? "In the spring one tends to think about the sprucing up the home." In the 70's wood paneling was all the rage. Wallboard or as it commonly called today - Decorative Paneling. There are some seriously cute panelings out there today. Typically, when you think of wall paneling, you think of wooden paneling. I have some in my living room and it is very dated. It's so dark that is great for movie nights but mostly it just feels like a room that is sucking the light from your house. I found an article from Houzz that has some modern looks for us in the year 2018. So if you decide to go the way of decorative paneling, please steer clear of the basic stuff, and go for a nice chic modern look!

1 January 2018 - Happy New Year!!

A couple years ago I started collecting interesting antique books. I love seeing a peek into the time period the book was written. Until the end of 2017 I was a stay at home mom. We moved across the country and a new chapter began for our family. This morning for the beginning of the new year I pick up my "Illustrated Almanac for Homemakers" book.  This book was written in 1974.  Just check out those bellbottoms.  Originally sold for $9.95. I bought at Half Price Books for $7.00 I thought this book would be fun to flip through. Just see what homemakers were doing in the 1970's verses what I was doing or not doing. So for 2018 I thought it would be fun to see what I can accomplish this 365 days from this almanac even though I am no longer a full time homemaker.  Lets begin in January!  Each month has a super cute illustration featuring our homemaker heroine!  It's the first day of the first year so let's peek at today's tas...